For the Love
of the game
What is the Guildmate Gauntlet?
Each month two new fellow dyers will go head to head in a themed dyeing contest, winner-take-all!
This Months Theme.
The theme for February will be “For the Love of the Game”. With love in the cold crisp air, what do you love about disc golf and the sport? It could be the peacefulness of being outdoors, or it could be having a good time with some buddies. Use your amazing imagination and talent to come up with a unique dye on the provided Premiere Disc War Dove. Anything goes, any style or technique is free game!
This is not a popularity contest, and the winner will be chosen by four judges that are all disc dyers. The winner will receive the entry pot and bragging rights!
How To Enter
Submit your name to get a chance to be one of two random dyers selected in this head-to-head style dye competition by clicking the button below.
Entry submissions will be open from Feb 1 to Jan 5th. (ENTRY CLOSED)
|February 4, 2023 8:15 pm||Jason||18811335|
|February 3, 2023 4:59 am||David||38221392|
|February 2, 2023 4:57 pm||Chaz||06350585|
|February 2, 2023 1:19 pm||zane||28900342|
|February 1, 2023 3:45 pm||Richard||77299089|
|February 1, 2023 12:28 am||James||99997406|
The discs will be judged in 4 different categories and each category will be scored from 1-5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
How well did the artist incorporate the theme?
How well was it done. Are there bleeds? Color saturation. Did they use multiple dye techniques?
How well is the idea and/or execution?
How well does the dye look as a whole with all the parts and elements together?
- New contest starts on the 1st of each month with a unique theme/style
- Winner will be determined by a panel of dyer judges
- Dyers will submit their info to get added to the dyer pool
- The entry fee is $5 to help build a winners purse for competitors
- 80% of the entry fee will go towards the winners purse, with the remainder going to the Disc Golf Dyers Guild for hosting and back into the dyeing community
- Submissions will be open for 5 days
- Two dyers will be chosen at random the day submissions close
- Winners will not be eligible for another entry until the following season but will be automatically entered into a Winners Bracket dye contest at the end of the season
- Dyers will be sent the same disc, and may begin once disc is received (about 3-5 days)
- Discs will be due on the 24th of the month. You only need to send in photos, NOT the actual disc
- The judging will be happening from disc due date to a day before the end of month (6 days)
- The discs will be judged in 4 different categories and each category will be scored from 1-5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
- The highest total score from the judges will determine the winner
- If dyers would like to raffle off their disc, DGDG would be available to host a week long raffle claiming 10% of total sales